April showers bring May flowers…
And April email subject lines bring May results!
Maybe that’s not exactly how the saying goes, but it is true that leveraging email marketing this April will boost your ROI now and later. However, creating an amazing April email strategy can be easier said than done… Unless you have this ultimate April email subject lines guide, that is! We’ve got you covered on need-to-know April email tricks like:
- Four tips for awesome April email subject lines.
- April email subject line ideas that are perfect for your business.
- Fun April holidays you can shape your email marketing around.
With this post under your belt, progressing your email results this April will be easier than picking daisies from a field.
Amazing April email subject line tips
Start the second quarter of the year off on the right foot with these email subject line tips:
Create a schedule and stick with it
To maintain brand consistency, you’ll want to align your email marketing with your overall marketing plan. To start, think about your business goals and how email marketing could help you reach them. This exercise can help clarify when you should send your April emails. You’ll want your emails to mirror any ongoing offers or changes within your brand.
Sticking to regular emails also helps your recipients know what to expect. In fact, there are data points from email marketing trends that back this. For example, 35% of businesses are sending customers emails 3-5 times per week, and Fridays see the highest open rates. If you schedule your April emails ahead of time to follow these trends as well as your business needs, you’ll maximize your chances for success.
Using a calendar template to pre-set your email schedule can help you stay on track.
Related: Download our free 2022 marketing calendar jam-packed with tips to pre-plan your email marketing and more.
Always have a clear call to action
Be sure your recipient understands the point of your email. Try to give a heads up of what’s inside and make the action you want them to take as clear as possible.
This email copywriting tactic applies to both your subject line as well as the content inside. For example, if you want to drive traffic to your website, you might use your subject line to tell your audience about an offer inside the email. Once a recipient opens the email, they’ll find directions within the content on how to redeem the offer on your website.
Related: Is your website ready for increased traffic from your email marketing? Find out with our free, instant website grader.
Know your audience
With over 4 billion daily email users, your target audience is bound to be checking out your emails. That means appealing to your target audience as you create your subject lines is more important than ever. For example, add a personal touch of including the first name of your recipient in your email subject line for a higher click-through rate.
You may even want to segment your email lists to adjust copy accordingly. In fact, businesses that have segmented their audiences for email campaigns saw a 760% increase in revenue. That makes sense, as customers across different stages of the buyer’s journey may be receptive to totally different email offers.
Related: Want help personalizing your emails? Download our free guide on targeted email marketing.
Don’t be afraid to be flashy
Did you know 33% of people will open an email just because they think it has a catchy subject line? Other fun elements, like emojis or hashtags, also see higher open rates. In fact, 56% of brands that use emojis in their email subject lines see an increase in open rates. Be sure to get creative when drafting your April subject lines. With all the festive themes the spring season has to offer, this should be a no-brainer!
April email subject lines fit for any business
Whether you’re a small business just starting out in local marketing, a busy multi-location franchise using emails to grow, or somewhere in between, these email subject lines will be a hit for any market niche:
1. Talia, April Showers Are Bringing You May Deals
2. You’re Invited! RSVP to Our Spring Event
3. Days Just Got Long, But Our List of Offers is Longer
4. Matthew, Are You Ready for Warmer Weather?
5. TTYL Winter! Hello, Spring ?
6. Your Need-to-Have Spring Checklist
7. Ring, Ring! Hello? Spring?
8. Never Fear, Spring is Here!
9. Trevor, Click for Amazing April Offers Inside
10. Awesome April Deals Hiding Inside
April email subject lines that will increase sales:
11. Spring is Here! So Are Our Sales
12. Celeste, April Sales That’ll Bring You May Joy
13. April Showers Are Pouring Down Sales!
14. R-Yes-V-P to Our Anticipated Spring Sales Event
15. Terrence, Shop Last Minute Winter Clearance!
16. Spring Savings That’ll Have You Singing
17. Lucinda, Buy in April for a Surprise in May
18. Jump for Joy Over These Spring Sales
19. Quick! 40% Flash Sale Through April 30
20. Hurry! This Discount Only Applies April 1-31
21. Spring Has Arrived & So Has Your Order. FREE SHIPPING
April email subject lines that will fill your books:
Whether you’re a family-owned home services business, a growing consultancy, a local salon, or any service-based business in between, these email subject line ideas are sure to bring in business this April:
22. April Booking Brings May Appointment Bliss
23. Book Ahead Discount April 1-31 ONLY
24. Gary, Is Your Home Prepped for Warmer Weather?
25. Pre-Book Summer Appointments Now for a Deal!
26. Spring Slots Filling Fast! Book Your Summer Job Now
27. How Are You Storing Your Winter Stuff? We Can Help
28. Nature is Healing. You Can Too.
29. Spring is Great, But Summer is Better. Book May-August Now
30. Kevin, Book Your April Adventure Now
Even more April email subject lines
Need to amplify your small business marketing even more? Look no further than these festive April email subject lines that’ll set you up for your best spring yet:
Amusing April Fools’ email subject lines
31. We’re Closing…
32. Sorry, We Lost Your Order.
33. Sales So Good They’re No Joke
34. April Fools’ Deals That Aren’t Even Funny
35. Only Fools Miss Out on Deals This Good
36. You’ll Be a Fool if You Miss Out on This
37. FREE SHIPPING (Really!)
38. Caresha, No Jokes Here. Only SALES
39. Don’t Be Penny Wise & Pound Foolish this April
40. Manuel, This Offer is No Laughing Matter!
Easter email subject line ideas
Easter, celebrated by nearly 80% of Americans, falls on April 17 this year. Don’t miss out on your chance to include this holiday in your April email marketing plan. Use these email subject line ideas to speak to your Easter-celebrating audience.
41. Hoppy Easter!
42. We’re Hopping for Joy!
43. Jamie, Don’t Forget to Leave a Carrot Out
44. Peep These Deals!
45. Eggs? Dyed. Baskets? Filled. What’s Next?
46. 10 Eggceptional Easter Deals
47. Hop on Down to Jay’s Bar for Easter Specials
Adventurous April email subject lines for other spring holidays
If you want your email subject lines to take a walk on the wild side, there are tons of out-of-box April holidays to frame your emails around. Try one or all of these ideas below for a boost in marketing ROI:
48. With this Weather, Why Not Walk? (Walk to Work Day, April 1)
49. Our Pledge to Autism Today & Every Day (World Autism Awareness Day, April 2)
50. Ramadan Reflections from Us to You (Ramadan, April 2)
51. Meri, How’s that DIY Project Going? (National DIY Day, April 3)
52. Woo! Party Like It’s 1999 (World Party Day, April 3)
53. We’d Be Lying If We Said This Sale Isn’t Awesome (Tell a Lie Day, April 4)
54. It’s Okay to Be Flashy! (National Flash Drive Day, April 5)
55. Say It with Us “I am Healthy, I am Wealthy…” (World Health Day, April 7)
56. Warning: Extremely Cute Pet Photos Inside (National Pet Day, April 11)
57. Not to Be Cheesy, But… (Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, April 12)
58. We’re Laying Down the Law! (International Lawyers’ Day. April 12)
59. Dear Plant, Please Don’t Die on Our Watch (International Plant Appreciation Day, April 13)
60. What’s Another Word for Sale? (National Scrabble Day, April 13)
61. Breaking News: We’re Partnering with South End Florals! (National Gardening Day, April 14)
62. Worst Day of the Week? Laundry Day. (National Laundry Day, April 15)
63. Amalia, Gift Him Something Great. (Husband Appreciation Day, April 16)
64. Book Club! What’s On Our Reading List (National Librarian Day, April 16)
65. Join Us for a Day of Family Fun! (Healthy Kids Day, April 18)
66. Fourth of July in April! (Patriot’s Day, April 18)
67. How Small’s Business is Giving Back this April (Volunteer Recognition Day, April 20)
68. High Five, Andy! (National High Five Day, April 21)
69. Reduce, Recycle, Reuse, & Buy Local! (Earth Day, April 22)
70. Arty, Learn the Science Behind Our Work (World Laboratory Day, April 23)
71. The Perfect Party Snack Doesn’t Exist… (Pigs in a Blanket Day, April 24)
72. Time to Celebrate at Seabrook Salon! (National Mani and Pedi Day, April 25)
73. Save the Penguins! (World Penguin Day, April 25)
74. Southwest Tech Thanks its Administrators (Administrative Professionals Day, April 27)
75. Look Up! (International Astronomy Day, April 28)
76. We Give You a Gift & You Get to Give One to a Friend! (Pay It Forward Day, April 28)
77. What We’re Planting Today (Arbor Day, April 29)
78. Local Businesses Supporting Local Businesses (Independent Book Store Day, April 30)
79. Name That Song! (International Jazz Day, April 30)
April newsletter email subject lines
As Q1 officially ends and Q2 starts up in April, you’ll have plenty to discuss in your newsletter emails. Draw your readers in with these April newsletter subject line ideas:
80. RIP Winter. Here’s How We’re Dealing
81. Spring Has Us Singing! Here’s Why
82. Our 6 Tips for a Great Q2
83. Second Quarter Has Us Catching Our Second Wind!
84. What’s New in Q2 For You
85. 4 Ways to Have an Amazing April
86. Our Ultimate Spring Cleaning Checklist
Let the April emails shower down
Email marketing is effective throughout the year as it assists your lead nurturing while simultaneously attracting new business. However, this marketing channel can be even more important in April as you kick off the second quarter of the year.
Let your April emails help you stay on track for your year-end goals with these creative email subject line ideas. If you want to make your email marketing even more seamless, try leveraging a marketing partner to bring these email subject lines to life.
91 March Email Subject Lines to Keep Revenue Marching On
125 Fire February Email Subject Lines to Defrost Open Rates
8 Email Marketing Trends + 4 Old Favorites to Use for Better Results in 2023
38 Lovely Valentine’s Day Email Subject Lines (+Templates & Ideas)
Recruitment Marketing in 2023: 10 Strategies to Attract Top Talent