When it comes to marketing your plumbing business, your website is the foundation for all your efforts. It’s where potential customers will look for information about your services, your reviews, and your team. It’s also where you can capture web visitors and convert them into paying customers.
But to do this successfully, you need a truly great website.
A great plumbing website is what will make your business stand out from other plumbers and plumbing chains in your area—and it’s what can help you win over customers from your competitors.
In this post, we’ll outline the best plumbing websites and why they work so you can find out how to make your web strategy a success.
Have a plumbing website and want to know how it stacks up? Try our free website grader to get instant insights!
The best plumbing websites + why they work
Let’s take a look at five of the best plumbing websites on the web and why they work so well.
Parley’s PPM Plumbing
Parley’s PPM Plumbing has a great plumbing website for many reasons. Here are three:
1. It’s mobile-friendly and responsive. This means it looks and operates effectively across any device. While this is crucial for any site, especially as Google only indexes the mobile version of your site and over 60% of web traffic comes from mobile, it becomes even more important when you think about how potential customers might search for plumbers.
For example, if someone is searching for an emergency plumber right from their phone, they want a site they can navigate on their device and call directly with the tap of a button.
Parley’s PPM Plumbing website looks great on a mobile device, all the buttons work, and they’ve enabled click-to-call.
2. They have an FAQ page. Parley’s website features helpful and relevant information to website users through their content, particularly in the form of an FAQ page. An FAQ page not only answers frequently asked questions (duh), but it can also support your local SEO efforts, showcase your authority, and build trust with potential customers.
By answering common questions about plumbing, Parley’s is helping to educate their customers while giving them a reason to trust that the business knows what they’re talking about.
Related: Get website copywriting tips.
3. It’s easy to contact them from their site. If a person can’t find your plumbing business’s contact information, they’re not going to go digging through your site—they’re just going to go back to search results and find a new business to contact.
Parley’s PPM Plumbing has phone numbers for each of their locations listed in the header of their site (and they enabled click to call so users can get in contact even easier). They also have multiple calls to action buttons throughout the site as well as a Contact Us listing in their navigation bar that will take users to a form to get in contact.
Related: Find out how to do effective multi-location SEO so you can get found in every area you serve.
RW Heating & Air Plumbing & Electrical
Another example of a plumbing website we love is RW Heating & Air Plumbing & Electrical. Here are three reasons this website works.
1. They have a live chat box that pops up and prompts users to schedule an appointment, get a free consultation, or get access to contact information. 51% of customers prefer live chat over other communication methods because it allows them to multitask, and over 90% feel satisfied after using live chat. So this is a smart move on RW HVAC’s part in order to capture leads from their plumbing website.
2. They have strong CTAs. A strong call-to-action (CTA) is another must that all the best plumbing websites have, and RW HVAC is no exception. They include descriptive and actionable CTAs throughout their website to help drive users to take the next step to contact them.
3. They offer specials and discounts right on their site. One way to make your business stand out and capture more customers through your website is to offer and highlight discounts or promotions—especially for new customers. This can make new customers feel better about trying your services because there’s a discounted cost. Then, once you provide amazing service, you’ll win their business long-term. This can also help them choose you over a competitor that doesn’t advertise offers through their plumbing website.
RW HVAC has multiple coupons users can access directly through their website, which can entice them to take the next step to become a customer.
Speedy Clean Drain & Sewer
Another plumbing website example we love comes from Speedy Clean Drain & Sewer. Here are three reasons this website is so effective.
1. They clearly outline their services. Plumbers typically offer a range of services, so the best plumbing websites clearly outline areas of specialty plus any additional services. For example, if your business focuses solely on drain cleaning rather than emergency plumbing, you’ll want to highlight the types of work you do on your website so a potential customer knows when and why to contact you.
This is exactly what Speedy Clean does on their website. They clearly outline their services using dropdown navigation. They also have a services page where you can click on the service you’re interested in to learn more.
By outlining their services in this way, they’re also able to refine their site content around the plumbing keywords that are most applicable to what they do, which ensures they get high-quality and relevant leads from their site.
Related: How to do local keyword research (with a template!).
2. They have a strong About Us page. The best plumbing websites include an About Us page that has information about their business, their history, and oftentimes their mission statement. This is a great way to build trust and can also help you stand out from the competition. If someone is choosing between your locally owned and operated business with a combined 125 years of experience or a chain business with no story they can connect with, chances are, they’re going to choose you!
Speedy Clean’s website features an About Us page that outlines their history as well as their expertise, which speaks to their capabilities and their deep local roots.
3. They feature customer testimonials. Finding the right plumber can be tricky. People are trusting you to enter their homes and do a good job for them and their families. They’re looking for a plumber they can trust. The best plumbing websites include customer testimonials or reviews directly on the site to immediately build trust, showcase their great work, and provide social proof.
Speedy Clean has a page dedicated to customer testimonials. These testimonials are reviews pulled in from Google, which you can enable on your site through specific widgets or plugins. By providing reviews and testimonials directly on their site from happy customers, Speedy Clean is helping potential customers see them as a trustworthy and effective option.
This plumbing website example from Excalibur Plumbing has a lot of features we love. Here are three standouts.
1. They use a tracking number. A tracking number will change based on how a user got to your website—so there are different numbers for organic search, paid search advertising, display advertising, etc. This allows you to see how a lead found your website, which can help you measure your marketing more effectively.
When you visit Excalibur Plumbing’s website, you may not notice at first that they use a tracking number. But, if you watch closely, you can see the number change. This means that Excalibur is able to see when customers find them from different marketing avenues, which is helpful for them and still presents a positive experience for website users.
Related: Find out home services advertising benchmarks to help calculate your marketing costs.
2. They call out emergency services. Many homeowners don’t think about calling a plumber until they have an emergency. And it can be frustrating when you find a plumber that seems like they’d be a good fit only to find out after calling that they don’t offer emergency services or have limited hours.
Excalibur calls out prominently on their homepage that they offer emergency services—and this callout is placed directly next to their phone number so users can get in touch ASAP.
3. They tell you why you should hire them. Plumbing is a competitive industry, and it takes a lot to stand out. One way Excalibur Plumbing stands out from others through their website is this added content about “Why you should hire us.”
This persuasive section calls out some of their differentiating factors as well as their focus on customer service, which can serve as a valuable way to sway website visitors away from the competition. They also include a CTA directly under this section so users can take action right away.
The last plumbing website example we’re featuring is from Latta Plumbing. Here are three reasons this site works.
1. It’s accessible. Accessibility is an extremely important component of a successful small business website no matter the industry. 15% of the world’s population has a disability of some sort, and 90% of websites are inaccessible to those who rely on assistive technology. So, having an accessible website is important.
Latta Plumbing’s website features an easy way for users to choose what they need from a menu to make the site easier for them to use. This shows that Latta Plumbing cares about its users and wants to deliver a great experience.
2. They have a careers section. While most plumbing businesses are looking to capture new customers online, many are also looking to find new employees to staff their business—especially now. Latta Plumbing has a callout right on their navigation bar for Careers, which directs users to a quick and easy application form. This can help them grow their business with the right employees without a lot of hoops to jump through.
3. They have an optimized Google Business Profile. Google Business Profiles are obviously not part of a website, but they do play an important role in getting your website found. Google Business Profiles show up when people conduct local searches and contain important information such as reviews, contact info, and more.
Latta Plumbing’s Google Business Profile is optimized with all the necessary information a person would need to take the next step in either clicking on their website or calling them directly. They also respond to their Google reviews through their profile, which helps build trust and shows that they’re dedicated to the customer experience.
Learn from the best plumbing websites
Your website is the cornerstone of your home services marketing, and by including the elements of the best plumbing websites we’ve seen, you can ensure success and win over new business.