We’re officially in the holiday season, so it’s time to spread cheer and accelerate sales. In addition to sharing your season’s greeting and holiday sales across social media, in-store, and on your website, make sure you’re not forgetting your hidden holiday marketing secret: Email marketing!
Email marketing is an effective way to get in front of your audience anytime–but especially this upcoming holiday season as people will continue turning to their inboxes for gifts and gift ideas.
In fact, 80% of shoppers said they’ll use emails from businesses to inform their holiday purchases this year.
So, what’s the first step in creating an email marketing campaign that makes customers merry?
A jolly good holiday email subject line, of course! Here are some examples of email subject lines and ideas to try for your holiday marketing campaigns and the newsletters you’ll be sending this season.
Get our holiday marketing guide for data-backed ideas to make your campaigns a success this season!
Holiday email subject line examples
An easy start to a holiday marketing campaign is to create one that’s non-denominational. The holiday season spans from November through January, so a simple holiday subject line is a good place to start for your marketing emails. Once you get the hang of it, you can tailor emails to specific holidays.
Holiday subject line examples:
- Spread some cheer with us — open house sale!
- Season’s Greetings and Holiday Savings!
- Warm up to winter with us this Saturday 🔥
- Holiday Super Sale!
- Kickstart Your Holiday Shopping with Us!
- 25 Tips for Healthy Eating this Holiday Season
- Looking to get ahead of the holiday rush? Early sale starts now!
- It’s snowing savings! See our top deals.
- Our ultimate winter packing list
- Beat the cold–our winter savings event is red hot 🔥
- We’re here for all your winter needs!
- Is your car ready for that winter road trip?
You’ll notice that some subject lines capitalize the first letter of each word, while others don’t. Play around with your subject lines and see which style looks best. What’s important is to stay consistent!
Related: Get holiday email marketing tips to get your strategy on the nice list this year!
Thanksgiving email subject lines
Thanksgiving is all about being thankful for your customers and is the perfect time to craft creative email subject lines centered around appreciating them. Thanksgiving email marketing campaigns that promote customer appreciation sales or offers are a great idea during this time.
Tip: Make sure to include Thanksgiving-themed graphics or pictures in your emails to make your content stand out once it’s opened.
Thanksgiving subject line examples:
- Gobble up these Thanksgiving specials!
- We’re thankful for our customers: Coupon Inside!
- We’re giving thanks with a special treat!
- Stuff yourself with savings 🍗
- Early access to Black Friday deals
- Gather ’round for savings!
- Thanksgiving Schedule Changes & Weekend Specials
- 28 Ways to Give Thanks at Suzy’s Spa
- Savings to be thankful for–8 deals you can’t miss.
- Just a little note to say thanks…
- Here’s what we’re thankful for this season
- Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes You’ll Love
Related: Get Thanksgiving marketing ideas to accompany your email marketing.
Small Business Saturday email subject lines
Small Business Saturday is another promotional idea that you can use around Thanksgiving. Encourage customers to visit or support your business on this day by sending them a reminder email with specials or promotions that you’re running.
Small Business Saturday subject line examples:
- Celebrate Small Biz Sat with us: BOGO sale 🎉
- See you on Small Business Saturday?
- Take a peek at our Small Biz Sat sale
- We’re staying open late on Small Business Saturday!
- 5 Ways to Support Our Community This Small Biz Sat
- It’s our 8th annual Small Biz Sat sale! Join us?
- Walk off those leftovers: Small Biz Sat sidewalk sale
- We’ve got the perfect gifts on Small Biz Sat
- Where We’re Shopping This Small Business Saturday
- The best deals to snag this Small Biz Sat
- Shop Small with us: Here’s how
- Get our limited edition Small Biz Sat swag!
Christmas email subject lines
The winter holidays are the perfect excuse to promote new items and services or to phase out old merchandise with a sale. Use an email marketing campaign to get new customers to your business by offering deals, loyalty discounts, gift packages, or gift guides to entice customers.
Christmas subject line examples:
- Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List 🎁
- 12 Days of Savings Starts today!
- 7 Spa Treatments to Put You on the “Nice” List
- Ho Ho Ho (Spend Less Dough)
- You’re Getting Warmer…Packages from $59
- Looking like Rudolph? Book a facial today!
- 5 Easy DIY Christmas Decor Tips
- Our Winter Warmer Package Makes a Great Gift
- Meow-y Christmas! 5 holiday treats safe for your cat
- Christmas recipes even the pickiest eater will love ❤️
- You’re on On Our Nice List 😉
- How to protect your mental health this Christmas
Get more Christmas and December email subject lines here.
Hanukkah email subject lines
Christmas isn’t the only holiday worth celebrating in December! Hanukkah gives you the opportunity to send out multiple emails as part of an email campaign. You can even do an email campaign with the theme of eight days or nights. Hanukkah is often overlooked as a marketing opportunity–but make sure to create an email marketing campaign that welcomes and appreciates all your customers.
Hanukkah subject line examples:
- 8 Crazy Bites–Special Hanukkah Menu
- Sale to Light Up Your Life
- Challah for These Chanukkah Deals
- 8 Days of Savings
- We Like You a Latke!
- Hanukkah Deals to Make You Dizzy!
- Gift ideas for all 8 nights inside 👀
- The best host gifts for your Hanukkah celebrations
- Don’t show up empty-handed on Hanukkah!
- Happy Hanukkah from [Your Business Name]!
New Year’s email subject lines
New Year’s is a time when people start fresh and make resolutions. It’s also a time to celebrate! Clear out extra stock with sales for the New Year or host events to get new customers. The start of a new year is the perfect time to begin a customer loyalty program for your business in order to retain and get more customers throughout the year.
New Year’s subject line examples:
- New Year, New ‘Do. Get a $50 haircut!
- Annual Membership Sale
- 5 Fitness Resolutions to Break 💪
- Start your New Year Off Right — 25% off Spa Packages
- Your First Look for 2023
- Join Us in the New Year!
- Let’s start this year right. 10% off throughout January
- The holidays may be over, but the savings aren’t!
- Ring in the New Year with [Your Business Name]
- Now accepting New Year’s Eve reservations!
- Got New Year’s plans?
- Here’s how you made our year great…
Tie a bow on your holiday email marketing campaigns
The holidays are an opportunity to close out your year strong with holiday promotions and marketing campaigns that appeal to your target audience. Use these ideas to kick off a successful email marketing strategy that you can carry with you into the new year!
91 March Email Subject Lines to Keep Revenue Marching On
125 Fire February Email Subject Lines to Defrost Open Rates
8 Email Marketing Trends + 4 Old Favorites to Use for Better Results in 2023
38 Lovely Valentine’s Day Email Subject Lines (+Templates & Ideas)
Recruitment Marketing in 2023: 10 Strategies to Attract Top Talent